Birthday Card

For a fine colleague that will turn 50 soon I made a card myself. Just a bit more personal than a store bought one. 



I made this card with two layers of balloon, that I cut out of white paper. One serves as a background, the other one has the middle cut out.

Between both layers of 'balloon' I've put a piece of cellophane. Before I glued all three layers to each other, I've put some confetti behind the cellophane. 

On the back of the balloon I've attached a piece of cotton yarn and then I glued the finished confetti balloon to a shining and sparkling golden piece of carton.

Comments

  1. This is a great idea for a kids birthday. I have 8 grandchildren and I know they would like them

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! I have a whole stack of birthday cards I have to get to this week. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love giving home made cards too, so much more personal. These confetti type cards are loads of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful, thoughtful card, Liz! I love how you made the balloon bouquet - so pretty! thank you for being a part of the Hearth and Soul Link party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a nice idea, lovely card.
    Chandhini
    http://thecreativetwins.blogspot.in/
    Please stop for a visit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Air Mail

Crochet Bag