From Caterpillar to Butterfly

A month or two ago I was in a Lalylala flow and crocheted lots of her patterns, that I purchased on Etsy. After that I found The Velvet Acorn, another lovely Etsy store, and started knitting sweaters. But since a couple of weeks Lalylala has a book published and as it comes to crochet I think it's one of the cutest books ever seen. And really original. No pages full with amigurumi (although I do like a nice amigurumi every now and then), but a book full of crocheted bugs. So I had to start crocheting again.

The first thing I made from the book was this butterfly! It's not just a butterfly, but the whole metamorphosis from egg to butterfly is worked out in patterns. Love it! 


Basic pattern is the caterpillar and wings, egg, cocoon and hat with antennas are all adjustable. 


Caterpillar in egg


Caterpillar in cocoon before metamorphosis



After metamorphosis: a beautiful Papilio ulysses

~*~

My story about Sinterklaas and the Hot Chocolate that comes with it, was featured by Shabby Art Boutique!


Thank you, Kerryanne!

Comments

  1. I love this pattern! Maybe I need to branche out... (I mostly knit and my crochet got stuck at beginner's level)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noooo! That is just too cute. What a gorgeous idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute--I love this! Thanks for sharing at Party in Your Pjs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, what a beautiful butterfly you have made!
    Ida

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Crochet Bag

Fisherman's Lamp