Market Bag

One of the mothers I always meet at the schoolyard of the school my daughters attend, knows my favorite hobby is crochet and asked if I could learn her to crochet, too. She also knew someone else who wanted to learn to crochet. I told her I would look around for more fans, so I could learn them all at once and wouldn't have to reserve my beloved day off for a couple of weeks to teach crochet. 

I didn't think there would be much eagerness among friends, family, colleagues and schoolyard mothers, but now I've ended up with ten applicants and have to part the group into two smaller ones. 

I chose two simple patterns to choose from and am busy now to make them as an example for the workshops, that will be in three weeks. I already finished the market bag beneath. The pattern I found here.


Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing on the Pleasures of the NW's DIY Party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the ladies will enjoy crocheting - lovely bag too. #DIY Party

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting, have fun. I taught an ex colleague to crochet a few years ago and feel so proud when she shares hers makes on facebook. Those bags are so useful, a great project to inspire them. Thanks for sharing with us at Handmade Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made a bag just like this at school many, many years ago and did use it a lot :-) How lovely you are holding workshops! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great bag! Thinking I might have to make a few of those for Christmas presents this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing. I've always wanted to make one - now I finally will!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait Liz, crochet is something I've always wanted to try do. Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love love love this, are you by any chance selling these? I'd be happy to buy from you, let me know: fashionxshania@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! I bet you are a fabulous teacher!! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  10. These things are awesome! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will feature this today at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Crochet Bag

Fisherman's Lamp