Rainbow Rose

Do you know rainbow roses? Real roses colored like rainbows? They're made by splitting the stem in four and putting each part in a different food coloring bath. The stem sucks up the coloring and the rose should color like a rainbow. Sounds easy, but after trying several times with no rainbow coloring of my roses at all, I gave up. 

Source

But then I saw a crocheted version of the Rainbow Rose, so I made that one!

www.betweennapsontheporch.net

For the Princess Dress I'm working on for some weeks now for my daughter, I've made this Rainbow Rose with leftovers from the Love&Peace Dress. It was just what I needed to get in the mood to finish the whole dress. Sometimes I start making something and then, just when I only have to do the seaming or only have to put on three buttons, I can't find the zest for it. Some projects are flinging about for years and out of sight is out of heart. The dress is lucky, it's still in sight, so it's not forgotten yet. And now that I found this rose to put on, we're back on track. Only have to do the trimming.

You can find the rose pattern here.

~*~

My Potholders are featured by My Own Home!


Thank you, Kristina!

Comments

  1. Love that rose, Liz! I would love to make one and use it as a hair clip for my daughters, I am sure they would love it too!

    Thanks for sharing at Sweet Inspiration, we are so happy to have you too!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the colors, please share your post over at http://tryit-likeit.com/link-it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I pinned it and can't wait to make it. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty rose and I love the rainbow colours! I want a whole bouquet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had not idea that is how they made a rainbow rose. Thanks for sharing your post with Creatively Crafty Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how beautiful! I love this so much. Thank you for sharing it on the #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is too funny, I love your crocheted version, and I imagine that to color the rose one needs dye much stronger than food coloring! i do have a bush of white roses with a few first blooms, so maybe i'll give it a try!Thanks for sharing on craft schooling sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Food coloring is what the instructions said. If you want to try it yourself: you can find instruction for making the roses all over the Internet. Hope you will show us your results!

      Delete
  8. Very pretty indeed!
    Have a nice Sunday,
    Marjan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your crochet rose is gorgeous! I have never seen them. I will have to look for instructions. Thanks for your lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't it funny how sometimes when we approach the end of a project, we delay finishing? I do that too, I'm glad I'm not the only one! Your crocheted Rainbow Rose looks beautiful, Liz. It will make such a gorgeous decoration. Thank you for sharing it with us at the Hearth and Soul Hop. Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Liz, I'm dropping by from the DIY Show Off Party. Your rainbow rose is so pretty and creative! I've never seen one done that way. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely beautiful!
    I hope you will share this at Thoughts of Home on Thursday this week.
    We would love to have you.
    Just stop by my blog to join in.

    Enjoyed visiting,

    Laura
    White Spray Paint

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh! Both those roses are lovely! I would like to try that rainbow rose at home with my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are so awesome. My mom would love the pattern. Thanks for sharing at DI&DI.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the multicolored rose. Could you send me the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the multicolored rose. Could you send me the pattern. dkarst@kmtel.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The link to the pattern is mentioned in the post above.

      http://delicadezasalcrochet.blogspot.nl/2014/12/rosa-multicolor.html

      Delete
  17. It's very pretty, I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These flowers are so beautiful! What do you think about turning these pictures into free coloring pages for kids? You can free at hier

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would love to have this pattern - either pay for it or free, but when I click on the link, the page becomes an error. Please let me know how I can obtain this pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Crochet Bag

Fisherman's Lamp