Window Painting

As a welcome sign to friends (the only one's who come in to our back door, in the kitchen) I painted this on the window.

First I drew a circle on the outside window, with a little help from a plate, so I had an idea where to paint on the inside window to get a nice wreath-like drawing. Then I started writing letters and drawing stars, snow flakes and holly leaves on the inside window. I drew something off the cuff, but you could also use a printable, stick it to the outside window and trace it on the inside window.

Very simple project with nice result!

I found this idea here.


I also did a window with X-mas ornaments.

 

 And some transparant glass tree ornaments.



Comments

  1. I love it!! stunning. I want a window I can do this on. someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so pretty! Thanks a lot for posting this at my link party. Enjoy your day!
    All the best, Annemarie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to clink this link to see what you used to paint with. We grew up "painting" my mom's windows using glass wax mixed with food coloring. It wasn't until I was older that I realized she also got her windows cleaned when we rubbed the pictures off after Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow...I totally love this idea!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So creative! Thanks so much for sharing at Share The Wealth Sunday!
    xoxo
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the ornaments you drew on the window! Too Cute!! Thanks for sharing at the Submarine Sunday Link Party!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Crochet Bag

Fisherman's Lamp