Saturday, March 8, 2014

1940's Head Scarf

One of the blogs I follow is Sewing, Vintage, Knitting from Anthea who, just like me, likes vintage clothes and makes a lot of them herself.  A couple of weeks ago I saw a nice head scarf at Anthea's blog, that I really wanted to make. Another blog I follow is The Vintage Pattern Files, with lots of free patterns from all times. I did some searching on head scarfs and found a pattern that looked almost exactly like what I was searching for. 



I didn't use the pattern, but it was just to get an idea of how to get started. Well, I started and this is how it turned out:



Instead of knitting two loose ends I made an infinity scarf.

www.betweennapsontheporch.net


~*~

My Felt Letters as well as my Cherry Heart are featured by Creative Jewish Mom!



Thanks!!

8 comments:

  1. Would love to see you modeling this. The pattern looks like it would be super adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I can't work out a 1940's style without seeing it on your head. Visiting from Sew many ways

    ReplyDelete
  3. very fun!! Thanks so much for linking up to Create Link Inspire!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute idea! I found that vintage site too, totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that site is great! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. Great job making a scarf without a pattern!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...