Crochet Decorations


While working on the granny blanket I started to get bored to do the same granny over and over again, so to do something different for a couple of days I made these decorations for my daughters.


This flower I found at a blog called Attic 24. It’s called a Happy Flower and comes with a tutorial!




This cuckoo clock I found at a blog called LutjeHaakt. This one is without a tutorial. 

Both such nice ideas, don’t you think? 
~*~

Yesterday I watched the most fascinating movie:


The Hunterit’s not so much the story that’s fascinating, but the subject the movie is about. Ever heard of the Tasmanian tiger? This is what it looked like:

Source: Wikipedia 


Looked, indeed, because the animal is declared extinct since 1936. There are still people claiming they saw one, though. The animal seems a crossing between a kangaroo and a feline kind of animal. Its body and teeth looked like those of a tiger, but it had the face and tail of a kangaroo. It had stripes like a tiger, but a pouch (male as well as female) like a kangaroo. Isn’t that fascinating? I love animals that look like as if evolution has stuck, like this one, where the transformation from marsupial into felid never has completed.

The movie starts with old moving pictures of the Tasmanian tiger (the official name of the Tasmanian tiger is thylacine). Again: SO fascinating! And so sad to know that this specie isn't among us anymore.

The story itself handles about a man who’s asked to search for the thylacine, just for the money. Not a very strong tale, but the extinct status of the animal makes it a good movie anyway.

Source: Wikipedia




Comments

  1. These crochet appliques are so lovely. Thank you for sharing the links to the patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely crocheted flower!
    And interesting story about the Tasmanian tiger, heard the name but never seen a picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mami! I love the flowers on your own blog, too! Very beautiful and colorful! Liz

      Delete
  3. So cute! I've been meaning to make one of these but never got round to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your crochet is the cutest thing. I may have to pick up my hook after seeing that cuckoo clock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again! Show me the result when you finished you cuckoo clock! Liz

      Delete
  5. You did very well passing your time making these pretty things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LV! Always nice to hear from you! Liz

      Delete
  6. Those decorations are SO cute, especially that little birdhouse! I need to learn how to crochet!
    Happy REDnesday,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol! You can learn how to crochet all over the internet! It's really not that difficult!
      Liz

      Delete
  7. Your crochet-decorations are really lovely!
    Liebe Grüße,
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sabine! I looked at your blog and really LOVE your crochet work, too! Especially the peacocks are so nice! Think I'm gonna make one one day.

      Thanks for following me!
      Liz

      Delete
  8. These are so cute! Thanks for linking up to So Very Creative, I featured your Happy Flower today!
    http://soverycreative.blogspot.com/2012/04/happy-flower.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for featuring me! I'm so proud, 'cause it's the first time I've been featured!! Thanks again! Liz

      Delete
  9. Your happy flower is lovely so cheerful :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super adorable flower! I need to do something cute like that for my next project. I'm right in the middle of crocheting a bunch of hexs for a tote bag. I'm so sick of them!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! After a while it becomes so boring, doing the same square or hex over and over again! Thanks for stopping by! Liz

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Happy Pink Saturday and thanks for stopping by! Liz

      Delete
  12. Oh I really like the birdhouse coo-coo clock one. So cute! I love crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very sweet crochet -- I love the happy flower (and Attic 24!)
    I had never heard of a Tasmanian tiger -- very interesting animal. I'm going to try to find that movie!
    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Attic 24 has such nice and original ideas!

      Let me know what you think about the movie!

      HPS! Liz

      Delete
  14. Hi Liz! Yess! We all love Lucy!
    Beautiful Flower Happy you!

    The birdhouse also realized! I copied it from its creator, but a little was angry! = ((
    Everything is already invented in crochet ...
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all love Lucy!

      Thanks for following me! I'm your newest follower, too!

      X,
      Liz

      Delete
  15. as usual I'm drawn to your crochet, great work! Thanks for sharing, Happy Pink Saturday <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. Replies
    1. Could be; I got it from a Dutch blog! Thanks for visiting. Liz

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Crochet Bag

Fisherman's Lamp